Graphic Communications Group career Opportunities – Multimedia Journalists
- Select stories to follow either with a general flavour or from an area of specialisation when not assigned by the Editor.
- Collect information necessary to compile the story /stories; for example, by going out into the field and conducting interviews or doing desk-based / web-based research.
- Compile stories ready for submitting – Edit prior to submitting and proofreading when required.
- Work in groups on special stories / investigations when required, with one writer taking the lead as necessary.
- Contribute suggestions to the development of the website
- Contribute marketing ideas to position the newspaper brands and website as preferred products to our customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Multimedia production skills
- Good report-writing skills
- Analytical with an eye for detail
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and for long periods
- Flexible attitude to working arrangements Strong computer literacy skills, including page planning
- Research methodology skills desired but not essential
- Ist degree in Communication/Journalism Studies or related field with 2 years work experience in newspaper/online journalism OR
- Diploma in Journalism from a reputable institution with 4 years work experience in newspaper/ online journalism
- Member of Ghana Journalists Association
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply, please send a detailed CV together with a covering letter and contact telephone number, to:
The Director, HR & Administration
Graphic Communications Group Ltd
P. O. Box GP742
Alternatively, you may email your application to [email protected]
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Closing date for submission of applications: Monday, November 15, 2021
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.